State of the Media Democracy Survey Report
Digitization is radically transforming the way people around the world interact with media content.
But how much do we really know about consumers' media preferences and behaviours, both now and in the future? To continue to shed light on the subject, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited's Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT) group commissioned a fourth edition of its State of the Media Democracy survey.
This is the first year Deloitte has published a global report that summarizes data from the across the participating countries.
This year's study reveals a number of common global themes, including:
- The continued appeal and influence of television
- Questions about the effectiveness of online advertising
- Increased demand for media portability
- Changes in how consumers view video content
- Fragmentation of music platforms and a resurgence of radio
- An explosion of wireless data applications that are driving growth in telecom.