Aged Care Financing Instrument
Changes announced to curb program expenditure
On 20 April 2012, the Federal Government announced its ten year, $3.7 billion Living Longer, Living Better aged care plan. Further details on the ACFI component have now been announced.
- Changes to ACFI resulting in lower subsidy payments including:
- Question 3 (personal hygiene) of ADL domain
- Complex Health Care matrix
- One-off reduction in the amount at all care levels.
- Greater evidence requirements for certain ACFI questions going forward
- Future growth of aged care subsidies back to historical rates of between 2% and 3% above indexation
- New consultative group to meet monthly to monitor the impact of these changes.
Download our report for further details.