Partner, Risk Services
Matt is a Partner within Deloitte’s specialist Risk Services division based in our Western Sydney Office. Matt leads our Risk Services Cluster in Canberra and Western Sydney and is also Deloitte’s National Water Leader within the firms Energy and Resources Industry Group.
He has over 20 years experience in the area of risk management, internal audit and advisory services. This experience includes leading large outsourced and co-sourced internal audit contracts for both private and public sector organisations. Matt has dedicated much of his career to the provision of risk management internal audit.
Prior to joining Risk Services, Matt spent a number of years working in Assurance and Advisory providing external audit services to a broad range of clients including both Publicly Listed and Private Companies.
Matt has extensive experience in delivering major internal audit contracts and reporting to Audit and Risk Committees for Public Sector agencies. Examples of some clients include:
- Sydney Water Corporation
- Australian Securities and Investment Commission
- NSW Business link (Family and Community Services)
- Legal Aid NSW
- Sydney Catchment Authority
- State Water Corporation
- Sydney Metropolitan Development Authority
- NSW Department of Finance and Services
- NSW Catchment Management Authorities
- Urban Growth NSW
- Royal Botanic Gardens and Domain Trust
- Hunter Development Corporation
- Land and Property Management Authority
- Australian Technology Park.
Area of expertise
- Public Sector
- Service Delivery and Innovation
- Regulation and Resilience
- Energy & Resources
- Audit Services
- Risk Services
- Integrated Market Offerings
- Governance, Risk and Compliance
- Business Unit - Enterprise Risk Services
- Enterprise Risk Services
- Governance, Regulatory & Risk
Professional membership and qualification
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting) University of New England
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia.