Tel: +61 8 8980 3021
email: Suzanne Archbold
Suzanne is a Partner with Deloitte Darwin where she has gained 20 years’ experience in providing pro-active solutions for her clients around the country in the areas of strategic business advice, corporate governance and taxation.
Suzanne has worked across a broad range of industries including hospitality, construction, primary production, transport and tourism and possesses strong skills in governance, business structures and operations, business plans, cash flow monitoring, financial and taxation compliance. She is currently the lead Partner for engagements with the not-for-profit and Indigenous sector in which she continues to deliver successful project outcomes.
Suzanne has particular expertise in working with organisations where she excels in understanding and working effectively within the often dynamic environments of committees and boards. Her primary focus is on ensuring client satisfaction by establishing close business relationships in which she is considered a trusted advisor.
Suzanne has a strong commitment to equality in the workforce and giving back to the community as evidenced by her leadership positions in Deloitte’s Cultural Diversity program, Inspiring Women’s Initiative and the Deloitte Foundation.
Skills & expertise
• Experience in governance
• Skills transfer training and communication experience
• Remote community experience
• Broad industry knowledge
• Expertise and experience in working with Indigenous organisations or individuals
• Experience in understanding Indigenous cultural issues, including language barriers and other challenging issues
• Expertise in organisational structures and governance
• Extensive experience in business planning – in particular in relation to viability and sustainability
Professional and academic qualifications
Bachelor of Business – CDU
Member of CPA Australia
Affiliated member of Australian Institute of Chartered Accountants
Certificate in governance and risk management – Institute of company secretaries
Completion of indigenous cultural awareness training courses
Professional experience - Charities
• YBE Charitable Trust - Establishment of a charitable organisation to provide benefits to indigenous people.
Income Tax Exempt
• Northern Land Council – member of the internal audit committee
• Mabunji Aboriginal Resource Inc – provision of accounting and management reporting. Assistance with application for Deductible Gift Recipient status. Financial literacy training to the Board and management. Advisor to the Management and Board on financial matters.
• Malabam Health Board – provision of financial administration assistance
• Ewin Centre Children Services Inc – provision of tailored financial management training to ensure compliance with reporting requirements
• Gunamu Aboriginal Corporation – Development of an economic master plan, through the formulation of a holistic framework incorporating internal corporate governance, financial administration, external relations communication strategy corporate vision and operational strategy.
• Miwatj Health Aboriginal Corporation (MHAC) – Suzanne’s current team worked closely with MHAC to assess the overall needs of the organisation in regards to infrastructure, and corporate governance and developed a business plan.
Non Profit Organisations
• Darwin District Pipes and Drums – established the accounting function and attendance to financial reports to be presented to the Board.