Financial Services Council Deloitte Future Leaders Award 2013
"If you’re passionate about taking the initiative and you’re up for the challenge you will reap the rewards."
BT Financial Group, 2012 program winner
In our eighth consecutive year and under the umbrella of the World Economic Forum’s 2013 theme of Dynamic Resilience we invite the financial services industry’s future leaders to take up the challenge of the Financial Services Council Deloitte Future Leaders Award.
The award program is all about encouraging future leaders in the wealth management industry to develop innovative research papers to shed fresh light on the industry’s key conundrums. In the process you will enhance your reputation and personal brand in your organisations and the industry. You will also benefit from the support and mentoring of senior management as well as networking with colleagues and previous candidates.
2013 hot topics
- How can we improve the perception, customer experience and trust in the wealth management industry for Australians – whether in life insurance, superannuation, trustee services, financial advice or the industry as a whole?
- How can the global regulatory changes and requirements such as FATCA, Basel, Dodd Frank etc., deliver an opportunity for Australian businesses to prosper and grow? What role can Australian regulators play in facilitating this?
- What existing policy settings could be changed, or new policies implemented, to better insulate Australia from the future economic impacts of an ageing population?
- How can the Australian Wealth Management industry and/or Australian regulators embrace and better leverage the digital revolution?
How to apply
To participate in the FSC Deloitte Future Leaders Award 2013 download and complete the application form. Applications close on 2 April 2013.
|FSC/Deloitte Future Leaders Award 2013 application form|
|FSC/Deloitte Future Leaders Award 2013 facts sheet|
- 22 February Applications open
- 2 April Applications close
- 8 April Successful applicants advised
- 12 August Deadline for submitting papers
- Late October Finalists and winners announced
The Award program is open to permanent employees of Financial Services Council Full Member companies, Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA), Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC), Treasury and Australian Transaction Reports & Analysis Centre (AUSTRAC). Participants must be 30 years of age and under as at 1 January 2013 and be permanent residents of Australia. Participants must have the support of their CEO or equivalent (such as Managing Director or country head) and a mentor of senior management level from within their organisations. Mentors from other organisations are also permitted but the mentor will need to fill out a declaration that they will support the candidate throughout the entire program. One application per topic from an FSC Full Member company, APRA, ASIC, Treasury and AUSTRAC will be considered.
Deloitte will award the overall winner around the world trip including flights and accommodation in an appropriate city, where the winner will meet a Deloitte global leader in their industry. The winner will also receive a complimentary registration to the Financial Services Council Annual Conference to be held in August 2014.