FSC Deloitte Future Leaders Award 2012
In this seventh annual Financial Services Council Deloitte Future Leaders Award, we challenge the aspiring leaders of the Council’s full members as well as ASIC, APRA and AUSTRAC, to consider ways the industry can address the following five complex topics:
- The Government’s FoFA reforms aim to ‘underpin trust and confidence in the financial planning industry’
- Reducing barriers to the Australian financial services industry accessing international markets
- Transforming underwriting and claims management practices
- How should Australia address longevity risk?
- How will MySuper affect superannuation investment?
The Award program is open to current employees of Financial Services Council Full Member companies, Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA), Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC) and Australian Transaction Reports & Analysis Centre (AUSTRAC).
Participants must be under the age of 30 as at 1 January 2012 and be permanent residents of Australia. Participants must have the support of their CEO and a mentor of senior management level from within their organisation.
Papers will be judged on their:
- Commercial acumen
- Effect on advancing the industry’s policy position
- Research foundations and conclusions supported by sound evidence
- Initiative and leadership
- Innovation and critical think.
“The 2011 Future Leaders Award Program presented me with an extremely valuable opportunity to explore pertinent issues that impact the Australian financial services industry. Through meeting and working with other young professionals, I was not only able to expand my professional network, but make contributions to discussions that will influence the future of the industry. In writing my research essay I was given access to senior leaders within my organisation, allowing me to build my profile and interact with people outside of my day-to-day role. The networking events throughout the program provided an excellent forum for debate and discussion which helped to enrich the ideas explored in my paper. I encourage others to take advantage of this unique opportunity for both personal and professional growth through exploring topics that will truly test your thinking.”
Stephanie Pinda, Goldman Sachs Asset Management – 2011 Winner
Download the program details and application form below.