Banking and Capital Markets Insight
Each quarter, the Banking and Capital Markets Insight focuses on technical issues currently coming out of the banking, capital markets, securities and fund management arenas. This quarter’s insights include:
- The International Accounting Standards Board’s and the Financial Accounting Standards Board’s jointly developed Supplement on Financial Instruments: Impairment
- The challenges of completing the Client Money and Assets Return
- The international efforts to put in place a Financial Transaction Tax based on the value of individual transactions traded
- A Financial Activities Tax based on the financial sector firms’ wages and profit
- The potential for employee benefit schemes to provide employee remuneration benefits.