Oil and Gas Reality Check 2012
Top 10 issues facing the oil sector
From political uprising, unstable financial markets and the Japanese nuclear disaster to the abundance of natural gas, rethinking of the nuclear emergence, and the rise of the consuming national oil companies (NOC’s), 2011 has taught us that predictions are bound to be wrong unless luck is on our side.
This third annual report explores the trends uncovered in 2011 and how they might impact the coming year including:
- The future of oil production and the impact of unrest in the Middle East and North Africa
- The global development of shale assets and their effect on the global gas industry
- Decoupling of oil and gas prices: where and when?
- The new NOC’s
- Continuing importance of conventional gas discoveries
- China’s impact on production and consumption
- The continuing divide between Brent and WTI prices
- The American tight oil industry
- Brazil: the challenge to distribute oil wealth while encouraging investment
- Labour issues in the Canadian oil sands industry.