Eastern Australia’s gas market: Managing supply & demand
Striking a balance between domestic supply and export opportunity
This brief provides a snapshot of the converging issues impacting the eastern Australian gas market. These have the potential to transform it into one of the world’s largest LNG exporters but potentially also to threaten the future security of domestic gas supply.
Issues touched in the brief include:
- Current state of the eastern Australian gas market
- Meeting production demand as new LNG projects come online
- Regulation of the coal seam gas industry
- Ensuring a reliable domestic supply stream
- Delivering on a carbon future in the face of rising gas prices
- Timing of shale gas production
- Summary of facts around supply, demand and the carbon price.