Partner, National Leader Tax
Tel: +61 3 9671 7592
Helen Fisher is a Corporate and International Tax partner with over 16 years experience in dealing with Australian taxation matters, including working in the Deloitte International Tax Group for over three years. As lead tax partner, Helen will be ultimately accountable for all tax services provided to Phosphagenics Limited and will work closely with the team to ensure that the highest client service standards are maintained, there are no surprises and all expectations are met.
Helen has many years experience in the Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences/Biotechnology industry providing tax consulting and compliance services for publicly listed and large multinational companies. As lead tax partner on a number of clients (see below), Helen has a proven track record of providing strategic solutions by capitalising on opportunities and managing tax risks. Helen brings the right technical expertise to help clients obtain the best outcome.
Helen has presented on numerous occasions at AusBiotech and BioMelbourne events on tax topics relevant to the industry, as well as being the organiser and presenter at the Deloitte quarterly boardroom lunches for the CEOs and CFOs of leading Life Sciences/Biotechnology companies.
She is currently a member of the Australian Biotechnology Victorian committee.
Areas of expertise
Helen is passionate about the Life Sciences/Biotechnology industry and has a deep understanding of the life cycle of Biotechnology companies and the tax issues they face. She has assisted her clients in the following areas:
- Strategic tax planning
- Structuring of intellectual property, including favourable global locations
- Obtaining tax concessions/tax holidays/grants in other favourable jurisdictions (e.g. Singapore and Switzerland)
- Capital raisings and capital management
- Cash repatriation and funding strategies
- Tax losses management
- Tax consolidation
- Tax risk management and liaising with the Australian Taxation Office
- Australian tax reform.
Professional and academic qualifications
- Bachelor of Laws (with Honours) – the University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Science – the University of Melbourne
- Master of Commerce (majoring in Accounting) – the University of NSW
- Master of Laws – the University of Melbourne
- Helen is a Fellow of the Taxation Institute of Australia.