Directors' Alert: 12 issues for 2012
When uncertainty reigns
Directors’ Alert: 12 issues for 2012 offers directors insights in the context of the current ‘normal’ of uncertain economic and market conditions.
Waiting until conditions return to normal is not an option for directors’ decision-making; companies that wait to reinvest in their businesses risk falling behind.
Boards need now to adjust and develop strategies that balance risk and opportunities and that are far more nimble than those of the past.
Directors’ Alert: 12 issues for 2012 includes insights from governance specialists from Deloitte member firms around the globe. Each section in the report includes questions that directors may ask to explore the issues with their own boards.
There are also tools and resources so directors can “dig deeper” to broaden their understanding of the issues and improve their board’s effectiveness in dealing with them.
The 12 topics and themes identified and described in the report include:
- Global economy: Keep your seatbelts fastened, continued turbulence ahead
- Risk oversight: Keeping risk and opportunity in balance
- Strategy, growth and performance: How agile is your strategy?
- Operational management: A strategic role in operational management
- Capital, cash and liquidity management: Making the best use of cash in hand
- Mergers and acquisitions: When every company is “in play”
- Organisational structure: Global, flexible, flat and networked
- Talent management: Understanding the talent, strategy and risk continuum
- Sustainability and corporate responsibility: An integral component of organisational strategy
- Regulation and compliance: The next wave of regulation
- Transparency in corporate governance: Telling it like it is
- Board success: The demands and expectations keep on growing
Read and download 'Directors' Alert: 12 issues for 2012' in PDF format below.