Partner, Deloitte Private
Peter is a Senior Partner within Deloitte Private. He has over 30 years’ experience and specialises in servicing privately owned businesses, family businesses and family offices, typically with revenues between $10million and $600million. He is actively involved in providing a range of accounting, taxation and business consulting services to retail, manufacturing, service organisations and family businesses across the private business sector.
Over many years Peter has worked extensively with a number of high net worth families in relation to succession planning. This includes setting up the rules (constitution) for the future Generations to follow and assisting in educating the next Generation with wealth transfer. In many cases this has involved assisting family office set up.
Furthermore, Peter has been involved in advising clients on sale of business transactions and he has significant experience in the due diligence process.
The major focus for Peter is on the provision of consulting advice to private businesses. His clients are predominantly large families, with a diversity of investments, centred on the operation of successful and growing enterprises.
Skills and expertise
- Family succession and governance
- Business plans & development of cash flow models
- Development and management of reporting formats & key performance indicators
- Value creating growth opportunities
- Large family investments
- Accounting and tax.
- Preparation of business plans and cash flow models for a marketing company seeking finance for an acquisition
- Establishing family offices
- Managing compliance, governance and transactions to private businesses
- Focussing and working with family owned entities developing family constitutions
- Strategy development for a rapidly growing construction company
- Development of reporting formats and KPIs for an Australian manufacturer
- Accounting and tax compliance
- Business consulting to clients providing a diverse range of services.
- High Net Worth - Family offices
- Retail & Consumer Business
- Professional Services
- Recruitment Services.
Member of the Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Board.
Area of expertise
- Real Estate
- Restructuring Services
- Financial Advisory
- Mergers and Acquisitions.
Professional membership and qualification
- Diploma of Business Studies Accounting
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants.