Partner, Deloitte Private
Tel: +61 3 9671 7462
Peter is a Senior Partner within Deloitte Private. He has over 30 years experience and specialises in servicing privately owned businesses, family businesses and family offices, typically with revenues between $10million and $600million. He is actively involved in providing a range of accounting, taxation and business consulting services to retail, manufacturing, service organisations and family businesses across the private business sector.
Furthermore, Peter has been involved in advising clients on sale of business transactions and he has significant experience in the due diligence process.
The major focus for Peter is on the provision of consulting advice to private businesses. His clients are predominantly large families, with a diversity of investments, centred on the operation of successful and growing enterprises.
- Preparation of business plans and cash flow models for a marketing company seeking finance for an acquisition
- Strategy development for a rapidly growing construction company
- Development of reporting formats and KPIs for an Australian manufacturer
- Accounting and tax compliance
- Business consulting to clients providing a diverse range of services
- Focussing and working with family owned entities developing family constitutions
- Managing compliance, governance and transactions to private businesses
- Establishing family offices.
Skills and expertise
Business plans & development of cash flow models
Development and management of reporting formats & key performance indicators
Value creating growth opportunities
Family succession and governance
Large family investments
Accounting and tax.
Retail & Consumer Business
Professional and academic qualifications
Diploma of Business Studies Accounting
Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants
Registered Tax Agent.
Advisory Board roles
Grocon Pty Ltd
DBR Group (George Smorgon family)
Peter is on the Board of a number of other clients however they cannot be specified due to privacy restrictions.