- 10 Myths of Health Care Reform
“10 Myths of Health Care Reform” A listener guide for the final run in the Campaign 2012 season.
- 2008 Health Care Consumerism: Findings
Learn about results from the "2008 Survey of Health Care Consumers" which asked people about their behaviors, attitudes and unmet needs toward health, health care and health insurance.
- 2008 Survey of Health Care Consumers Uncovers Important Opportunity for Health Care Providers
Health care “consumerism” has been a buzzword for years, but do health care providers and other industry stakeholders really understand how consumers’ behaviors, attitudes and unmet needs are evolving?
- 2008 Survey of Health Care Consumers Uncovers Important Opportunity for Life Sciences
This paper from the Deloitte Center for Health Solutions, identifies challenges and opportunities based on the survey findings for the development and promotion of life sciences products and services.
- 2009 Health Care Consumerism: Opportunities and Challenges for Health Plans
Deloitte’s "2009 Survey of Health Care Consumers" offers insights for health plans to respond to the changing needs and preferences of their customer base, and strategies to use in responding to these opportunities and challenges.
- 2010 U.S. Survey of Health Care Consumers: Key Findings
Despite difficult economic times and the ongoing health care reform debate, consumers’ attitudes about the U.S. health care system remain largely unchanged from 2009 to 2010.
- 2011 Physician Survey: Attitudes on Health Reform and the Future of Medical Practice
The Deloitte CHS surveyed U.S. physicians to understand their attitudes toward health reform and how it may impact the future practice of medicine.This report includes survey highlights, implications, and questions for health care industry stakeholders.
- 2011 Physicians Perspective About Health Information Technology
This survey of physicians assesses their current use and overall views of HIT, as well as actions around electronic health records, meaningful use, and ICD-10.
- 2012 U.S. Survey of Health Care Consumers
Five year anniversary of the survey provides a comprehensive view of health care consumerism exploring consumers’ behaviors, attitudes, and unmet needs.
- 2013 Deloitte Survey of U.S. Physicians
U.S. physicians are concerned future of medical profession may be in jeopardy and performance of the U.S. health care system is suboptimal, but the Affordable Care Act will address this.
- 2013 Health Care Outlook
What’s around the corner for health care organizations and policymakers in 2013? Deloitte’s industry leaders discuss the coming year’s top issues and trends.
- Academic Medical Centers at a Tipping Point
While driven to serve their tripartite mission of teaching, research and patient care, they are susceptible to myriad pressures that endanger their long-term viability. Learn what transformational change is needed to safeguard their future.
- Accountable Care Organizations: A New Model for Sustainable Innovation
Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) have the potential to drive payment reform in the public and private health care sectors. This study explores the features, challenges and potential of ACOs.
- Consumers’ Utilization of the Health Care System
Satisfied with care, but thirsty for information - most consumers have primary care doctors, most people use them, and most people are satisfied with the medical services they provide.
- Episode-Based Payment: Perspectives for Consideration
As experts explore ways to reduce U.S. health care spending, they cite fee for service, the predominant payment model in the U.S. health care system, as being a key contributor to spending growth and geographic variation unrelated to quality of care.
- Health Plans’ Challenge; Delivering on Consumer Preference
Health care consumers are ready to shop for insurance and customize the plans they buy. They want more choices and better tools to find the right fit and the best value.
- Information Technology, Social Media and Online Resources for Health Care – A Slow Climb
Use growing faster than trust Medical consumers rely more and more on a variety of information channels and resources, but that doesn’t mean they’ve placed their complete trust in it yet.
- Medical Tourism: Emerging Phenomenon in Health Care Industry - 2008 Report
Dramatically rising U.S. health care costs are prompting many consumers to consider outbound medical tourism as a viable care option. Read the report.
- mHealth in an mWorld
Report says mobile apps only scratch the surface of possibilities offered by mHealth. Improvement opportunities exist along the value chain, from engaging patients to maximizing provider productivity to controlling costs.
- Rx Use and Life Sciences Innovations: Consumers’ Attitudes and Behaviors
Prescription medication users are clearly engaged in managing their care. They look for information, consider alternatives, and seek value and effectiveness.
- The Affordable Care Act Timeline
This ACA timeline highlights key health reform provisions taking effect from 2010 – 2018 including the establishment of key programs and new agencies, new requirements for industry, and changes to Medicare and Medicaid.
- The Fiscal Impact to States of the Affordable Care Act (ACA): Comprehensive Analysis
Deloitte constructed plausible scenarios to identify cost/saving drivers and provide a range of the estimated per-person fiscal impact to states due to ACA requirements.
- The Hidden Costs of U.S. Health Care for Consumers
Out-of-pocket health care costs are a substantial and increasing burden; among the hardest-hit consumers are those with medical problems, seniors, and caregivers. This study examines the financial implications of health care on U.S. households.
- Value-based Pricing for Pharmaceuticals
This Issue Brief summarizes what is known to date about value-based pricing and identifies opportunities for additional exploration.
- Value-based Purchasing: A Strategic Overview for Health Care Industry Stakeholders
This Issue Brief explores Value-based purchasing (VBP) as a key element of a quality- and performance-focused health care system.