About the Center for Federal Innovation
Elevating mission delivery with breakthrough advancements
As the challenge to deliver on mission becomes increasingly complex and interdependent, government leaders are embracing innovation to drive real transformation and produce results that last. The need to modernize systems and technologies to provide the next generation of citizen services and strengthen information security in the face of growing cyber threats and privacy requirements is imperative.
Agency leaders are addressing these needs with fresh ideas, industry-leading practices, and innovative technology solutions. Now your organization can tap into such breakthroughs — and create your own — at the Deloitte Center for Federal Innovation.
Innovative Solutions for Real-World Success
Located in Rosslyn, VA, just across the Potomac River from Washington, D.C., the Center for Federal Innovation showcases Deloitte’s extensive experience in developing and delivering improved systems and processes to help government agencies. The center demonstrates production-ready solutions that include leading technologies and support real-world deployments.
It encompasses an array of resources designed to help agencies in their efforts to conduct strategy sessions, solution prototyping, project start-ups, and user acceptance testing.
The Center for Federal Innovation is a secure venue for Deloitte’s services and solutions portfolio, is designed to help agencies in their efforts to address a broad spectrum of government requirements, including technology strategy and architecture, information management, package technologies, systems integration and technology and process management.
The center houses the following programs focused on key issues facing government organizations
- Security, privacy, and identity management-related services and solutions for the public and commercial sectors.
- Credentialing and access management, including Oracle® identity and access management, biometric, smartcard, ePassport, provisioning, single sign-on and federation technologies
- Physical security technologies, including facial recognition, surveillance, command and control, intrusion detection, and handheld authentication
- Risk catalogs and risk intelligence maps to identify risks and improve security posture
The Center for Public Innovation focuses on the unique service needs of public sector organizations, including:
- Public safety communications, including incident command, 911/311, and emergency operations centers
- ERP-based solutions, including Oracle’s PeopleSoft Workforce Automation and Oracle Enterprise Taxation Management; the full suite of SAP® back-office solutions as well as SAP Tax and Revenue Management for Public Sector, SAP Claims Management; and demonstrations built in Microsoft® SharePoint®, Oracle’s Siebel, SPSS and Rational
- Next-generation IT management technologies including virtualization, voice over Internet protocol (VOIP), telephony, geographic information systems and green IT
- Business intelligence and content management solutions built on industry-leading platforms from IBM® Cognos, SAP Business Objects, Oracle Hyperion/OBIEE and IBM® FileNet. These solutions address reporting needs for many Federal agencies in key business areas, including budget and finance, human resources and acquisition management, grants management, and staff training and development.
The Federal Innovation Design Center features a solution demonstration center and rapid application development laboratory to test technologies and design methodologies. The design center facilitates the building of conceptual designs and prototypes, executing conference room pilots, and testing preproduction systems. It also hosts project-specific solutions in its Alexandria, VA location.
The center demonstrates production-ready solutions that include leading technologies and support real-world deployments.
Supporting the Unique Needs of Government Clients
The Center for Federal Innovation is affiliated with a broader network of Deloitte centers focused on public sector-specific needs, including:
- Hermitage Data Forensics Center is a 13,000 square-foot facility near Nashville, TN, offering cross-platform computer forensics, data analysis and electronic discovery-related services.
- Hattiesburg Onshore Delivery Center is a secure, 300-person facility in Hattiesburg, MS, that provides systems integration and testing-related services designed to help reduce costs and program risk related to developing and testing applications.
- Tulsa Onshore Delivery Center, located in Tulsa, OK, is a center focusing on ERP offerings, including SAP and Oracle.
The Deloitte Difference
Deloitte’s Federal practice is committed to helping government leaders accomplish extraordinary things. From strategy to implementation, Deloitte professionals work with clients to help them in their efforts to design and implement strategic initiatives and achieve higher levels of performance while managing risk and meeting compliance and accountability requirements.
Deloitte is recognized for its forward-looking insights on emerging issues that shape the public and private sectors. Through a network of internationally-recognized Centers – devoted to global issues of cyber innovation, health care, financial management and energy – Deloitte develops new perspectives, strategic policies, and innovative solutions designed to help clients navigate an increasingly complex world. In collaboration with Deloitte’s Public Leadership Institute, Deloitte helps public leaders tackle their most complicated and interdependent policy and management challenges through research, thought leadership and industry-leading practices.