In the second and third week of September 2013, we questioned a broad representative sample of consumers about their Christmas preparations.
- We questioned European consumers about their frame of mind and planned expenditure on gifts, extra food for festive meals, out-of-home entertainment, multi-channel shopping and leisure over the Christmas season.
- Information has been collected via the internet, with a structured questionnaire for a sample of individuals with controlled panels.
- The survey covered 18 countries in western and eastern Europe as well as South Africa. A similar survey was conducted in Canada and the United States.
- Respondents were aged 18 to 65 years old.
- A total of 17,354 consumers were surveyed. The sample size in Ireland was 773.