Western Australian Diggers and Dealers
Special 102nd Edition, August 2010
The Deloitte WA Index has sustained strong performance throughout the 12 months to 30 June 2010, increasing in value by AU$22.3bn (18.8%) to a total of AU$140.9bn at 30 June 2010.
The Deloitte WA Index reached a high for the year at AU$170.4bn in March 2010, which represented its highest point since the all time highs of AU$193.5bn and AU$193.0bn achieved in May and June 2008 respectively.
The Deloitte WA Index declined 17.3% in the three months to 30 June 2010 resulting from the market instability caused by sovereign debt issues in Europe, variable growth signals from China and investor concerns with the Resources Super Profits Tax (RSPT).
Since its inception in 2000, the Deloitte WA Index has increased by 343.4%.
In this index we have highlighted a number of emerging areas of concern and interest to the mining industry, these include;
- Challenges of investing in Africa
- Chinese demand for resources
- Research and development (R&D) tax concession – are you getting the cash?
We have also commented on:
- Mining industry movers and shakers
- Deloitte WA Index versus global indices
- Strength in commodity prices
- Mining industry top movers in the 10 years to 30 June 2010
- Mining industry top movers in the 12 months to 30 June 2010.
Download Deloitte Western Australian Diggers & Dealers - Special Edition below.